Boston, MA

Boston, MA
The End... for now

Saturday 22 October 2011

Finished, fini, termine, criochnaithe. That's it. Sin e.

I rolled into Boston on friday evening after my cycle in from Cape Cod. I enjoyed two days off in Connecticut, meeting people, eating well, and taking it easy before my last leg to Boston. It took three days to get out to the cape, staying the first night in south Kingstown, Fairhaven, Ct. The next day saw the first Nor'easter of the year come through. Unfortunately nothing to do with bunnies and chocolate eggs, these are a weather system that hits the east coast of the US. With it came a lot of wind and rain, and eventhough i made it through Providence, Rhode island and out to huttleston, Massachussetts, there was not a dry square inch of ground left in the north east by that evening i stayed in a motel. Headed out to cape cod on thursday all the way out to Orleans, and nauset beach, where i could almost see Slea head.
It was the Atlantic proper, with no more islands or peninsulas, and the furthest east i was travelling. The last 85 miles saw me riding back in from the cape, up through eastern Massachussetts with its many fine beaches, and into south Boston. It was tempting to head for one of the numerous irish pubs on my way into the city, but it was time to finish it off, get in, find my accomodation, and sit back and relax after one great cycle.

I'll put up the mileage and the last few photos shortly. Just going to enjoy a great weekend in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment