Boston, MA

Boston, MA
The End... for now

Tuesday 11 October 2011

My travels north

It has been tough finding a few quieter roads travelling north. Too close to all the major hubs, plus wanted to see DC yesterday, and get my photo taken at all the touristy places. A great city to get around in. Bike paths all the way in from National Harbor, over to Alexandria, VA up along by the potomac river and back into the middle of Dc right by the Washington monument, and white house. Not so easy get out of the place though. Today is brilliant after a few hairy days of busy roads and almost going in the side window of cars as they cut you off, i am on a rail trail from cockeysville to york, PA. from theree i will head east into philadelphia, through amish country in lancaster county. No traffic just a tree lined pathway over the old north central railroad that originally ran from DC to Harrisburg, and became well known because Lincoln took it on his way to give the Gettysburg address.
Had an interesting chat with a cop after he pulling me over for crossing a bridge i should not have been on, travelling from virginia - maryland. He knew i wasn't the first few characters as there were no visible tattoos, and i was of the wrong race. Apparently as he was running my info through the system there is also a black Sean Casey, with the same birthdate, that there is a warrant out for. I was just wondering did he also have my credit card information.
Of course after telling me i should not have been on the bridge, he says i should take the main interstate highway, the I95, north from DC. These are 3-4 lane main arteries throughout the country. I said i'd find my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment